Today is a good day to give Glory to God! That's true every day, which means it's true today.
As we pick through this book I found, a little treasury of quotations from St. Ignatius, let's stop and pray about God's glory.
-Give yourself a moment to stop.
-Listen to your breathing.
-Now read one or more quotations, asking the Lord to help you hear just exactly what he desires to tell you today.
- May the sovereign grace and eternal love of Christ our Lord and Creator greet you and visit you with His gifts and graces for His greater service, praise, and glory. (1)
- Not only among men, but not even among angels is there anything more noble than glorifying the Creator. (22)
- Consider yourself hardly worth anything if a courtier can show greater zeal in serving an earthly prince than you manifest in serving the King of Heaven; or if a soldier battles with greater courage for the glory of victory and hope of spoils, than you fight for a victory and triumph over the world, the devil, and yourself, and this for a heavenly kingdom and eternal glory! (23)
- We must always presume that whatever the Lord of the whole world does in the souls of rational beings is either to give us greater glory, or to lessen the evil in us. (25)
- In the life which is eternal and without end God will reward our patience [with] indescribable joy and glory; there will be no trials, sadness, or discomfort--for there are none of these in heaven--but only the fulfillment of every joy and happiness. (31)
How did that go?